So, it's been a month since the Jena 6 rallies in Jena and across the country, and things have seemed to quiet down. There haven't been any posts about the case on any of the online communities in which I am a member. No one has mentioned the House Judiciary Committee Hearing on the "Jena 6." And even though my sisters and I have continued to be engaged in conversation about the issues and implication of the issues since the beginning, I can't help but notice that people have seemed to forgot about these issues. Of course , we can't expect the media to provide any information on the Hearings...it took them a year to report the issue.
For those of you who watch C-SPAN, I hope you have been watching the Hearing on the Jena 6. For those of us who find C-SPAN informative, but tedious to watch, you can go here to watch it, or download and watch it at your leisure. Also, here are a few clips of the hearing that I personally enjoy, but you should watch the entire clip when you have the time. It is important that we continue to protest and rally about these issues all of the time, and not just when the issue is hot and new, and it is important that people stay informed So, pass these links along to everyone you know.
Peace & Blessings
http://www.c-span.org/VideoArchives.asp?CatCodePairs=Current_Event,Congress&ArchiveDays=30&Page=2

No comments:
Post a Comment