The year was 1996, and my beloved Atlanta Braves were playing those Damned Yankees in the World Series. The Braves went up 2-0 in the series, beating the Yankees in their beloved, decrepid old Yankee Stadium. And then all hell broke loose. The Braves proceed to lose 4 straight--3 at home and 1 in NY. I remember being so hurt after that series, I was actually brought to tears. I loved the Braves, and watching them lose to those arrogant, snobby, uptight, rude, assholish Yankees made me so upset. And then, to make matter worse, they played that darn song. You know the one--'We Are The Champions." In my old age, I have grown to love the band Queen, but this is the one song I hate, and it's all because of the Yankees. Whenever I hear this song on Pandora, my heart grows heavy with the memory of that lost, and I change channels immediately.
Because this was my first real baseball watching experience

1 comment:
Your a tru fan. It's better to be loyal in defeat than hop on the band wagon of whoever wins. ;)
But I'm from Ny sooooo Thhhhhheeeee Yankees WIn!!!!!
Post a Comment