
And here is another one...I go back to this one every time one of my relaxed friends says something negative about natural hair....
Right now, I am just waiting for my absentee ballot from SC to arrive, so I can vote for Sen. Obama in the primary. My mom has been working locally on his campaign, and she is so excited. She said that this is the first time in her adult life that a presidential candidate has reached out to small town, rural black people to actually help on a campaign. She was too young to participate in the Civil Rights Movement, and she says that it feels like that time again...black people trying to make a way for themselves. I am happy for her, and all of the black people in my small town/county for having the opportunity to participate in this process. Politicians don't usually seek out rural and small town black voters, which is what makes Sen. Obama different from all of the rest. He recognizes that the United States does not just consist of middle class whites in the "heartland."
As for the Civil Rights Movement...well, I'll speak on that another day....

2 comments:
nice spot hon, hoe u dont mnd me stumbling here. and i started m dreds in 1989 when i was doing my dissertation for my PhD
Luv the BD (was watching one of the shows today) and the music on your page is definitely my taste!
Post a Comment