Every year, for as long as I can remember, my home church in SC holds a revival in the late summer. And as a child, I never understood the purpose behind these annual week long spiritual fests, and honestly, I detested attending revival, mostly because it lasted a long time...much longer then Sunday church service, which was already too long for a young inquisitive girl.
As I have grown older in age, and mature in my faith, I realize the purpose of these revivals were to revitalize or revive not only the members of the church, but the entire community. In other words, these revivals were sent to revive the Church, the body of Christ. I've attended several churches, and they all have revivals at some time throughout the year with several occurring in the Spring.
So, as we enter into the Spring, a season of growth and renewal, I realize that there is something missing in my spirit. I need a revival. I need a renewal of my spirit in my spirit. There are days when I feel empty, days when I seek to hear Him, I have a difficult time recognizing His voice. My spirit needs to be revived and resuscitated. And with this acknowledgment, I know that there are things I need to change in my life...this is where the revival begins. It begins with me. And I am excited about the coming changes in my life, and all that God has in store.

No comments:
Post a Comment