The Red Pump Project

Friday, June 26, 2009

Never Can Say Goodbye....

* this is a comment i left over at VSB.com and it was so good, I had to post it on my own blog *

I was in the gym on the treadmill when I saw Charles Gibson announce that Michael Jackson was indeed dead, and I nearly fell off. I couldn't believe it...it was so surreal. I turned up the volume so I could hear exactly what had happened. And I still could not believe it. The King of Pop was not dead, he couldn't be. When I got in the car, the radio stations were playing his music, and I sang along to every song, and I continued to listen once I got home. I had a party with only 2 other guests...Michael and his music. And I danced around my apartment singing loudly to the already loud music coming out of my speakers.

And then my sister came home...she walked through the door with tears streaming down her face. And that's when it really hit me. Michael Jackson was really gone. And I realized exactly how much his music had impacted my life, and the lives of people all over the world. Who alive today could possibly come close to touching people across generations?

I am saddened by the Kings death. As I write this, I am still in a state of shock, and not really ready to accept the fact that he is gone. My sister said that Michael's fans will be like Elvis' fans in that they will not think he's dead, and every few years, there will be a Michael sighting. lol. Even though I am really heart broken, I will not just sit and cry and moan about his death. I am going to celebrate Michael's life. I am going to listen to his music, sing along, and perform both the Thriller and Beat It dances, and trust, I can do both dances well. Basically, I'm taking the King's advice, I'm gonna leave my 9 to 5 upon the shelf, and just enjoy myself. I'm gonna groove, and let the madness and music get to me. Because my life ain't that bad at all, when I'm living life off the wall....

**************************
We will miss you, Michael. You were truly amazing, a genius even. You revolutionized the music video by creating these mini-novelas along with your music. Thriller, Remember the Time, Rock My World to just name a few. I have so many songs that I absolutely love. So, I'm going to post a vid for every decade every day until your homegoing. Yes, you were and still are that great. Now, maybe you can finally have some peace.

Got To Be There

No comments: