The Red Pump Project

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Associate Justice Sotomayor. FTW!!




Somehow, this little bit of history has seemed to go nearly unnoticed by the MSM. I watched it live Saturday, but there wasn't much talk about it. And Sunday, the morning news shows mentioned it briefly, but instead of covering the historic nature of the confirmation and swearing in of the first Latina and only third woman justice, the 2520 talking heades talked about her background...talked about her background, and yet, didn't mention anything about her ethnicity. How do you applaud a woman who came from meager beginnings and don't utter a word about her being the first Latina justice on the SCOTUS? They mentioned her growing up in the projects and being poor and all that, but just could not bring themselves to recognize the fact that she is a Latina, and her confirmation and swearing in to the SCOTUS is just as historic for this country as was the election of the first black man as POTUS. The MSM is wasting all of their time talking about these fools disturbing the town hall meetings that they could not find the time to tell Justice Sotomayor's story the way it should be told. Oh well, what else should I expect...

Another thing I've noticed every time I watch the news...where are the minority journalists, pundits, political experts? Seriously, there are a lot of white folks on television.

No comments: