I watched that video early this morning in the office, and I could not keep it together. At first sight, I was saddened, horrified by the events unfolding. I cried watching young black men fighting in the streets with no regard for human life...no regard for their own lives. And then I became angry. And I am still angry. Angry that there are young black children being terrorized by packs of wild animals in local urban schools across this great land. Land of the free? And I don't feel bad for calling them animals, because that's what I saw when I saw that video. Rabid dogs fighting each other, and then attacking an innocent human being b/c he had the audacity to want to actually get to his bus stop so he can go home after school. Angry that some of these animals thought it prudent to burn down a memorial for Derrion.
I am tired. Tired of the excuses. So what if the father is absent. So what if the mother is trash. I don't care. These people are a part of a sub-culture in this country that I refuse to support. I refuse to feel sorry for these boys just b/c they are poor, and may have all of the other various social labels going against them. I don't care. My brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew live in Chicago. Derrion could have been my nephew or my brother, who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. What if my brother, an attorney, was visiting a client, and was beaten by some wild rabid dogs running wild in the neighborhoods of Chicago? Derrion could have been any of our family members, he has been any one of our family members. So, to those who I may have offended, I don't care. I am tired. I am tired of trying to defend these kids by talking about mentoring and reaching out and shyt. People have been doing that for years. There are plenty of organizations that seek to reach at risk youth in major metropolitan areas all over the country. And things are not getting better, it's getting worse. So, save me the sob story about their horrible lives in the hood. I don't care. Everyone in the hood, or from a poor urban or rural area is not going out trying to kill, rob, and steal from each other. Urban terrorists are terrorizing the decent, hard working people in their neighborhoods. My friend, who attends UofChicago, told me that his classmate was beaten and robbed by a bunch of 13yr.olds. 13? Are you fucking kidding me?
Young people in Raleigh are losing their damn mind. Last weekend, a female fool decided to run down a young lady she had argued with earlier that evening. Got in her car, and ran her down...b/c of an argument. One young lady dead...one bitch put in a cage where she belongs.
They are not animals, and they shouldn't be treated like animals. However, something is obviously wrong with our young people. They are angry and they need our help.
Chicago lost the Olympic bid to Rio. Maybe now the city will focus on cleaning up and protecting it's citizens.

2 comments:
I know you are angry and so am I, but I am afraid I have to disagree with you on not caring that these kids are motherless and fatherless. I think that this plays a great deal in children not loving or having respect for their own lives, thus not loving or respecting other lives. I don't hate these people and I don't think they are animals. I feel a great deal of sorrow for them. They need help, someone to tell them they matter, their life matters. Until then, they will continue to hate themselves and everybody around them. Instead of talking down on them, let's do something positive to shed some light on them. And most of all pray for us all.
I agree with you, Nickelicious. However, I think it goes much deeper than just being fatherless and/or motherless. There have always been dead beat dads, and no-good mothers. Yet now, it seems things are getting worse in our communities. And perhaps it's because we don't support those who really need the help. We definitely need to pray for the children, and we should all do more to get involved and make a impact in the community.
Post a Comment