The Red Pump Project

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A tad harsh....

Upon waking up this morning, I thought my previous post about the Derrion Albert murder was a little harsh toward the boys in these gangs. I don't know their life stories, I don't know their backgrounds. For all I know, just maybe a little mentoring, a little quality time with a positive male role model would go a long way to change the destructive paths of these young men. Yeah, I thought I was a tad bit harsh. But then, I saw a link* on twitter about the number of Chicago public school students killed in the 2008-2009 school year. Children killed by stray bullets, killed in drive-by shootings, killed while riding the city bus, killed while buying snacks at the store. Killed and robbed, killed and left in an alley. And Derrion...killed while walking to the bus stop. Killed by people who have no respect for human life. And thought, I wasn't harsh. I don't think I was harsh enough.


*Chicago Public School Children Deaths

1 comment:

NightFall914 said...

Aint that the truth....