The Red Pump Project

Monday, January 31, 2011

Your love is like a marathon...

Actually, it not.

I've been training for a marathon for the past few months, and things are going well. Initially, I planned to run the Myrtle Beach Marathon on February 19th, but shit happened, and I won't be able to run. No problem, because there is usually a marathon in High Point, NC every year is March. My sister has ran that one twice, so I figured I can run that one to make up for missing Myrtle Beach. Well, I was wrong. The High Point Marathon has been moved to November of this year, which mean I need to find a marathon between now and May, because I will not wait until November to run. Ideally, I want to be running my second marathon in November of this year, not my first.


Beginner Plan*
Week M T W T F S S Total
1* Rest 4 miles, including 4:00 TUT Rest 1-hour run Rest 4 miles 6 miles 15-16 miles
2 Rest 4 miles, including 4:00 TUT Rest 1-hour run Rest 4 miles 7 miles 15-16 miles
3 Rest 4 miles, including 5:00 TUT Rest 6 miles Rest Rest 8 miles 18-19 miles
4 Rest 4 miles, including 5:00 TUT Rest 6 miles Rest Rest 9 miles 18-19 miles
5 Rest 4 miles, including 3x2:00 AI Rest 4 miles Rest 5-K race 6-8 miles 19-21 miles
6 Rest 5 miles, including 6:00 TUT Rest 7 miles Rest Rest 10 miles 22-24 miles
7 Rest 5 miles, including 6:00 TUT Rest 7 miles Rest Rest 12 miles 22-24 miles
8 Rest 5 miles, including 7:00 TUT Rest 8 miles Rest Rest 12 miles 25-27 miles
9 Rest 5 miles, including 7:00UTUT Rest 8 miles Rest Rest 14miles 25-27 miles
10 Rest 5 miles, including 3x3:00 AI Rest 4 miles Rest 10-K race 5 miles 24 miles
11 Rest 5 miles, including 8:00 TUT Rest 9 miles Rest Rest 16 miles 30-32 miles
12 Rest 5 miles, including 8:00 TUT Rest 9 miles Rest Rest 18 miles 30-32 miles
13 Rest 5 miles, including 9:00 TUT Rest 10 miles Rest 4 miles 20 miles 39 miles
14 Rest 5 miles, including 9:00 TUT Rest 10 miles Rest 4 miles 10 miles 29 miles
15 Rest 3 miles, including 3X3:00 AI Rest 5 miles Rest 3 miles, including 3x2:00 AI 5 miles 16 miles
16 Rest 3 miles, Including 3x2:00 AI Rest 3-mile jog Rest 2-mile jog Marathon


There is a new marathon in the area called the Tobacco Road Marathon. It's mostly a trail marathon, with 20 of the 26.2 coarse being the American Tobacco Trail here in the Triangle.


Looks interesting...  My training has been solely road running, but I think the trail would be nice, much easier on my knees. Looks like I'll be doing my long run this week on the American Tobacco Trail.



*My training schedule. I've modified it where I only rest 3 days, Run MWThS, Rest STF.

No comments: