The Red Pump Project

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

8 years later....




The past eight years has been a biyatch!!

But I digress....

Today was a very special day for me. First, I left work early this morning so I could attend the Obama rally downtown Raleigh. It was amazing!! Seeing Sen. Obama live was so awesome...awe inspiring. Everything about him and his ideas makes you want to be better and do better. And he actually believes all Americans can be great and can make this country better. And the crowd of over 25,000 was so energetic. And everyone so friendly...there was such a sense of togetherness and common purpose. And the crowd was extremely diverse...all ages, all races and ethnicity's, and I am sure several religions and beliefs were also represented. This is the big difference between the 2 parties generally, and in this election specifically. Democrats see "America" as inclusive; we are all Americans. Republicans see it as exclusive; only certain people belonging to a certain religion and of a certain race and/or ethnicity are real Americans. This idea was best seen during the conventions. A camera span of the floor of the Dem's convention showed a rainbow of people; men and women from all races and ethnicity's. Contrast that to the Rep's convention; a floor shot showed mostly white, and probably either Christian or Jewish Americans. So, on Monday, Oct. 27, 2008, I early voted for inclusion, diversity, acceptance, respect and....

CHANGE!!!

No comments: