I am so excited, I only have one more hour left at work. Which is a good thing, b/c I have so much to do today. I'm going to hit the gym when I get home. I definitely need to get back to more tones and sexy self. Well, I'm still sexy, lol, but I want more muscle definition. So I am going to hit the eliptical for about 15-20 minutes, then about 45min of weights and resistance work. After that, I want to start looking over all of these bar exam study materials. It's a lot of material, most of which I have studied in law school, but their are a few subjects I didn't study like Family Law and Secure Transactions. So, those will be the first things I look over.
I really really love my hair. I dyed my locs this past Friday. I was so tired of the reddish brown thing. I really just wanted my own dark brown "nearly black" hair color back. My new color is Brown Sable a la Dark & Lovely. It looks more black than brown, but I love it. The color looks really rich, and is a great contrast to my brown skin. And I decided to forego a re-twist because my locks look great without one. I think I'm going to stretch this until election day.
I had such a great weekend. Not only did I have a good lock weekend. By the way, did I mention I love my locks? Ok, just wanted to make sure. lol. Anyway, Saturday I saw the Secret Life of Bees, which bought me to tears. It's funny, b/c I am not a crier, unless I am watching a movie, film, or something sad or happy on tv. It's funny actually, and a little weird that I am more emotional when it comes to the lives of fictitious characters than I am when it comes to my own life. I wonder what that says about me. Maybe nothing.... anyway, I liked "Bees", even though it is a period piece. The '60's. However, I wish we could have more dramatic movies, romances, and romantic comedies featuringblack women.
Saturday night, I went to a party with my girl and had so much fun. It was an old school party for the alumni of Shaw U, and the DJ played nothing but 80's & 90's r&b and hip-hop. It was great. I danced so much, I re-aggravated my bad knee. lol. Finally a party with a good crowd without it being so jammed that you had to climb over people to get to the bar. And there was plenty of eye candy. The men were dressed to impress. lol. I love it!! Good times.... My folks came up Saturday evening, and my other sis drove down from Gboro to go to the state fair. We went Sunday, and I ate more fried food in taht one 3 hour time block than I have eaten in months. It was a lot of fun. I don't ride any of those rides. I don't trust any ride that can be packed up and moved. I mean, how sturdy can it be if it can be folded and put in a truck?
Go Carolina Panthers!!!!
My favorite work song is Michael's "Living off the Wall." "So tonight, I'm gonna leave that 9 to 5 up on the shelf, and just enjoy myself." I love it!!

1 comment:
brown sable sounds delish - lets see the sexy gym rat folk - scared say u sacred lol
Post a Comment