The Red Pump Project

Thursday, June 19, 2008

New job, new lifestyle, healthier/more fit body....

Today, I had a job interview today with Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, and I think it went very well. I expect to hear something next week. I had an interview with a firm in DC earlier this month, and I was still waiting to hear, but I'm going to call tomorrow to inquire as to the status of things. And, there are a few openings for international relations analyst and international trade specialist on USAjobs for which I have applied, so I am feeling pretty good about my employment/economic outlook for the second half of 2008.

In other news, I have decided to do some research into a raw foods diet. Ideally, I would like to start this new lifestyle change July 1st. I want to do at least a month to just see how my body responds to the changes in diet. So, I put a few books on hold at the good ol' public library just because I am not ready to purchase a book yet. Especially since I am just starting and may not keep it up. It really just depends on my research, and if I believe this lifestyle will be beneficial.

In addition, I have returned to my original workout schedule of at least an hour of cardio a day, weight training 3-4 times a week. And I have re-introduced my booty to squats, kickbacks, and that "dog" exercise of being on hands/knees, and raising leg to the side. Also, when I'm in the gym, I do leg presses and hip abduction. Yeah, well, today was my second day of doing those, and my backside is sore. Seriously. Even after a good long stretch, my muscles are so tight that sitting in this hard chair, and getting up and walking is slightly difficult. However, I know it will all be worth it. Granted, I think my booty is in pretty good shape, but I could always be improved. Also, I want to re-introduce protein shakes to my diet to help with all of the weight training and exercise. I was drinking the Atkins shakes because they have a good serving of protein, and not many carbs. However, I don't know how that would fit in with the raw foods. I would probably have to make my own shakes. I'll do some research on raw recipes, and see what I can find.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best of luck on future job offers and your raw food journey!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

why raw foods, i mean, meats?

N.I.A. naturally... said...

Thanks meikmeika!! I know I am going to need some encouragement as I go thru this cange in diet. It shouldn't be too bad, since I used to be vegan.

And Torrence, I'm vegetarian, so I won't be eating meat. Which should actually make things a little easier.