The Red Pump Project

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fingerwaves in 2008....

**Disclaimer...this post is 100% superficial and shallow. However it is how I feel, and if I see you in the streets of the Triangle rocking this style, with friends rocking this style, or with your lady friend, SO, family member be it male or female rocking this style like it's 1993, I will make a mental note of it and write about it later.**

Maybe it's just me. But I firmly believe black women should no longer rock the fingerwave, fingerwave bun, or any variation of any kind of frozen wave in 2008. The fingerwave should not be your everyday style. Now, if you are attending a black tie event, and are channelling the roaring 20's, then you get a pass. However, the extra crunchy fingerwave look is not cute, and it really doesn't do the women wearing them any justice. A crunchy fingerwave makes a beautiful lady look like some common, 'bama hoodchick. I have found occurring mostly in the South, specifically NC and SC, since those are the 2 places with the most culprits. It really is unfortunate.

No comments: