The Red Pump Project

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Weird Feelings of Unsatisfaction

....Since I last blogged, and a few things have happened since then. First, I returned to the latchhook/interlocking method for my lock maintenance and I am so happy. I always new I preferred this, but I wanted to give twisting a try, and now I know latching is the best for me and my lifestyle. Second, as referenced in a previous post, I do have a new job. However, I still feel a little uneasy about things for some reason. I find myself still looking for jobs, and checking job alerts in my email on a daily basis. I think, actually I know that this is partly because my current job is not what I want to do within the legal field. I still want to work on human rights issues within the framework of international trade and development. And I beleive, until I am on my way to working with those issues, I will always feel like I am searching. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this job, and my co-workers are really cool. And the atmosphere is very laid back, with plenty of leeway to establish your own schedule...any time between 6am and 7pm. And the benefits are very nice. So the job is not the problem. It's the fact that I know for a fact that this is not what I envisioned for myself after graduating from law school. Sometimes, I have to remind myself that this job is such a blessing, and came right when I needed it the most. Praise God I have a job that I enjoy, pays well, and has great benefits!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not be doing exactly what you want, at the moment, but just remember you're getting experience. It may not be in your field but I'm sure the things you will learn at this company will help you a great deal when you're actually in your field. Just go with the flow and enjoy the experience, pay and benefits.

There's nothing wrong with continuing to look for another job either...

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

we should all feel as if we are seekers, thats cool