The Red Pump Project

Monday, November 10, 2008

Obama-Rama!!

I have Obama mania!! I just can't stop thinking about or talking about this historic Presidential election. I think it is very important that we remain logical about this...President-elect Obama isn't going to be able to change things overnight. In fact, he may not be able to turn it around in the first 100 days. But I do believe he, along with a cooperative Congress, will be able to move this country in a new and better direction. His election as President is proof that people are beginning to move forward instead of staying stuck in the past. However, let's not be naive; racism is alive and well, and everyday I hear stories of overt and covert racism directed toward Pres-elect Obama and black people in general. Yet, I believe those people are a dying breed. The country is moving forward, and they will be left behind. Personally, I say good riddance, b/c the overly conservative, "Christian" racists have been holding this country behind for years. And they can either get with the program, or move to Canada or something, b/c a change has come.

Oh, just in case you didn't know, Pres-elect Obama and First Lady visited the white house today. Michelle looked great in her red dress. And of course, the Pres looked as cool as ever!! I will have video of that soon.