The Red Pump Project

Monday, December 17, 2007

The more I think about it...

Photo 100_thumb.jpg
one week/3 days after re-twist. I likey!!


I really really like my locks when they are not tightly twisted, and when the new growth is growing wild and free. I think what I will do is freeform for the most part, and only re-twist for a special occasion...or whenever I feel like it. I really don't have time to re-twist my hair, and I don't have to. I like washing/rinsing my locks at least twice a week, and that is hard to do with twists. Secondly, I really don't want to spend a lot of money on twisting products, so when I do choose to re-twist, I will use aloe vera gel and EVOO, or some other oil.

I haven't used conditioner on my hair since I started locking, and I really believe that maybe I need to start. I want my locks to be as healthy as possible, from inside and out. I am already on a vegan/vegetarian diet...I've been doing that for nearly 4 years now. I exercise as often as I can, which is usually about 5/6 days a week. So now, I want to make sure my hair is healthy from the outside, and is getting the best care possible, with as little effort as possible. I will continue to use Dr. Bonner's Tea Tree Castille Soap, which is a great shampoo. My locks feel so soft and moisturized after I wash. And, I think I will do maybe bi-weekly deep conditioning treatments, without hot-oil treatments in between. I'm still on the fence about this, so I will see how that goes.

Other than that, nothing much going on. I found out about the funeral arrangements for my friend's mom. It's unfortunate that I can't be there with him. I met her once, and enjoyed having lunch with her...and I know she will be missed. I will continue praying for my friend and his family...pray that they are able to make it through this. But I know it will be hard...all I can do is to continue to offer him my friendship, love and support.

No comments: