Why Was I Not Using Conditioner?
I really have no idea why I wasn't using conditioner. Actually, that's not true...I read somewhere that conditioner is a no-no b/c it could cause build-up or something, or you can't rinse it cleanly from locks...maybe there was something about slippage from latching or untwisting a re-twist effort. I don't know, and I realize now how ridiculous it was to believe any of it. Before I started locks, my natural hair loved a good deep conditioning and thrived on it. My scalp and hair was healthy and happy, and I loved it. Another thing I loved was washing or rinsing my hair often, which I did all the time when I latched. But, I am not latching anymore b/c it takes too long and I can only stand the scalpy look for about a week or so. So here is the plan...I am going to continue to wash 2x/week, rinse whenever I need it (which may be often as I increase the intensity of my workouts for the new year), and condition once a week. And probably do a deep condition once a month.
Today, I washed my hair, and decided to condition with some of the Suave conditioner I had left from when I was rocking the 'fro. Like I said above, I have no idea why I wasn't using conditioner...all I know is my newly forming locks loved every minute of it!! Below are a few pics of my freshly washed, conditioned, and happy hair.
Peace & Blessings



No comments:
Post a Comment