The Red Pump Project

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ok, the weather has finally decided to get cold after the longest summer ever. And now, my hair is dry as all get out. I am 3 days away from my 6 month mark, and all I can think about is not re-twisting (b/c I really don't feel like it, and latching will take to long, and is seeming to thin out the locs). The last time I latched was in late September/early October. And, if I wasn't getting ready to began a new job, I wouldn't re-twist (I'm switching to twisting) now. It's unfortunate that as wonderful as I feel about my hair, that I feel the need to make it neat and nice for society. I think if I wasn't in the legal profession, I wouldn't be that concerned about it.

But anyway. I need some kind of moisturizer for my locs. With the weather getting colder with colder mornings, I don't think rinsing or washing before work is a good idea. And I don't fancy going to be with wet hair. What am I to do? I use olive oil mixed with other oils, but now it doesn't seem to be enough. And I am not the type to go out and buy a whole lotta stuff for my hair because I would rather it do what it do...and I am cheap! lol. But, I don't like the dryness. I will check out some things, and see if I can find an affordable, natural moisturizer, preferably something light.

No comments: