It is the last week of May, and I can't believe how time is flying.
A year ago, I was a 25yr old law school graduate, ready for big things. What a difference a year makes!! I'm still ready for big things, but I have more clarity as to my goals and how to achieve them. I am now 26, and summer is in full swing. I think it's going to be an interesting summer, and I have several things I want to accomplish...
1. Apply and be accepted to grad school. I'm applying to John Hopkins and American U. I have every intention of going back to school to study and specialize in international human rights and international development. I have to do what is best for me. I've spent a year trying to find happiness in work that does not interest me at all. So, I am going back to school to get what I need in order for me to do what I want.
2. Move to DC
3. Improve my Spanish, and begin taking French.
4. Learn to knit
5. Improve my swimming. Now that I don't really have to worry about my hair, I'll sign up for an advanced class.
6. Enjoy life!! I've been really hard on myself this past year, stressed and depressed. But, I am not going to allow things beyond my control to get me down. It's going to be a great summer!!!
Enough about me...what in the heck is going on with the UN Aid workers? These are people who are sent to help and provide aid to those who desperately need it. People are sexually abusing children; forcing children to have sex with them in return for food? This is horrible, and it has not gotten enough press. Honestly, I don't care about McClellan, all he is doing is telling the truth about a corrupt administration that led us into a costly war, wasting lives and money. We all know this...we've known this for sometime. There should be more outrage about this. However, it seems to have become common place among Americans to not care about anything that does not directly effects them. So what if young Haitian girls are paid $2.80 to give BJ's to Aid workers. It's so sad, but this type of thing has probably happened before. And it will happen again.
And why are people being burned in Kenya for practicing witchcraft? Witchcraft? What were they thinking? Who let the minutes of the meeting get out? This is a really crazy, and sad story. Very unfortunate.
This just in...the Lakers have beaten the Spurs. Perhaps, we will see a Lakers/Celtics final. It would be good for the sports reporters. And it should be good for basketball. I'm sorry to see the Spurs go, I really am. Goodbye San Antonia...you are a great basketball team. Your future is bright, it will be alright. lol.

1 comment:
that would be classic - laker celtics, and i hear aid workers are raping children too
ps - i added u to my blog roll hope u continue to read me
Post a Comment