The Red Pump Project

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Weave Ponytail?

I cannot go to bed with out posting this blog. This thing has been on my mind all day (Friday). Now, I don't usually talk about people...usually. But I have to mention this...

After perusing the fridge this morning, I realized I needed to go to the grocery store to pick up a few items. I bathe, get dressed, and drive to the store. I pick up my things and head to the checkout. And what do I see? My checker, a pretty young lady, with golden bronze hair and a golden bronze long crinkly weave ponytail. I mean, it looked ridiculous. So obviously fake, which leads me to ask, what is the purpose of the weave ponytail?

I've never seen a weave ponytail look anywhere close to real hair, and they usually look like someone just stuck a piece of weave on top of her head. It just looks bad, there is no way around it. And the sad thing is the checker in the store is a pretty girl. Unfortunately, a pretty girl with a bad weave. Is there such a thing as a good weave? I'll leave that question for another time.

Peace & Blessings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol! I used to be the queen of weave pony tails! They started off just regular length and then they got longer and longer. I know it looked ridiculous looking back, but I never played it off like it was my real hair. I'd be quick to tell someone it was fake. I'd get compliments on them all the time, but I'd always look in the mirror and think about what you said....how it just looks like a pony tail is sitting on top of my head as though it just jumped up there or something and latched on. They did come in handy since I never knew how what to do with my hair! lol! But yeah, having hair above my shoulders one day and then down to the middle of my back the next was not a good look. Especially when my hair had little to no sheen and the pony tail seemed to glisten for days. *smh*